Crispy Thai Tofu tacos with avocado sauce, oh yum!! Once you make this tofu once, you'll not stop. It's so addictive, and oh so good. Serve this dish in GET FIT Tortilla taco bowls for a great main dish with unique flavors, presentation and a great nutrition profile when served in GET FIT Tortilla - see a party happening?
Recipe adapted from Asha Shiv of FoodFashionParty.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
1 Mis-En-Place: 1) Mince garlic 2) Peel and grate ginger 3) Thinly slice the red cabbage and carrots 4) Slice avocado and jalapeno
2 Steps for the Crispy Thai Tofu
1) Drain all the water from the tofu, crumble and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl or jar, add the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, chili paste, garlic, ginger and mix it very well.
3) In a non-stick pan, add a 1 tbsp of sesame oil and add the crumbled tofu. Do not touch the pan for a minute. Let it brown and crisp, and then start tossing it around and crisp up all the sides. This will take anywhere from 5-7 minutes on medium heat. After it is golden brown, add the sauce that you have prepared. Reserve 2 tbsp and add the rest. Mix and toss, cook and crisp. It will dry up. Once it is completely crispy and dried up, add the remaining sauce and toss again. Turn off the heat. Set it aside.
1) Thinly slice the red cabbage and carrots and mix it, set aside.
4 GET FIT Taco Bowls:
1) Preheat the oven to 375.
2) Sprinkle each GET FIT Tortilla lightly with water and stack them on a plate. Cover the top with another plate turned upside down and microwave the tortillas for 1 minute or until warm. Turn two 12 cup muffin pans upside down. Mist each side of a tortilla lightly with olie oil spray and center it in the space between 4 muffin cups, creating a bowl. Repeat with the 7 remaining tortillas, forming 4 bowls on each tin. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Loosen from muffin tray and set aside to cool.
5 Avocado Sauce:
1) You can use a mini blender or you can mix with a fork. In a bowl, add the avocado and smash and break up the avo very well, until it resembles a smooth paste. Add the sour cream, full fat yogurt, hot sauce, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper. Mix very well. Check for seasoning and set aside in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
1) Grill a taco bowl on direct flame and get some char for a good tasting taco.
2) Arrange the taco bowl on a plate. Add some crispy tofu, jalapeno, radish, some greens, and few slices of avocado. Drizzle the sauce generously over the taco.
3) Serve warm with some lemon wedges.
|Calories from Carb||6%|
|Anti-Oxidants||ORAC 4,056 μ mol TE|
Want to share your healthy recipes? Sign in below send us your recipes. We acknowledge, promote and credit those as your recipes. We work with you to establish the nutrition.